Monday, May 14, 2012

March Of Dimes: Walk For Babies

On April 29th, I attended the March Of Dimes: Walk For Babies. It was a crazy weekend for me because I also had a dance competition in Atlantic City (at the Miss America hotel!). I knew, though, that no matter what I wanted to be at this walk. That is why after getting home at midnight the night before, I woke up, went to the event, and made my way back to the dance competition afterwards. It was definitely worth it.

The March Of Dimes hosts some of the most amazing events that I attend as Miss Staten Island. They are inspirational and truly a joy to be a part of. I was joined by Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen (Alexa Moley) and Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen (Hannah Perri). I love attending fundraisers with these girls!



We had the opportunity to sit onstage during the opening ceremonies and meet those who help the organization. We also walked around, met a few of the families, and took pictures with them. Some of them I recognized from the Preemie Fashion Show (my first event as Miss Staten Island!).






The past and current ambassador families were so grateful for our support and I was honored that they shared their stories with us.


There are so many great pictures from this event that I can't even fit them all on here. Visit my Miss Staten Island public figure page to see more! www.facebook.com/MissStatenIsland2012 or click here to go directly to the March Of Dimes: Walk For Babies pictures!


Thank you to the March Of Dimes for always including the Miss Staten Island Organization and allowing us to take part in your fundraisers. A special thanks to my mom for driving me back and forth all weekend. On a separate note, my choreography received a platinum (within 4 points of a perfect score) for the first time at the competition! I couldn't have been more proud - what a great weekend!

1 comment: