Saturday, May 5, 2012

Staten Island Comedy Festival

Let's go way back to April 20th - back before the craziness that is "Finals Week" at Wagner College. This is where my blog left off and as I take a break from study, this is where I will begin to catch up on blogging.


On April 20th, I had the opportunity to act as the ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation during the Staten Island Comedy Festival! Joel Richardson, a new friend of the Miss Staten Island Organization as well as a Wagner College graduate, invited me to be a part of this annual event. Each night of the festival (which lasted for a week) sponsored a charity. My family and friends, and many other Staten Islanders, enjoyed a night of comedic performances. Luckily, no one had to listen to me try to tell jokes. Together, we raised over $500 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!



It was a special treat to see my junior high school (I.S.24) performing arts teacher, Tracy Rosenberg, serve as the event's host. I think she was proud of me... : )


A special thank you goes out to Soul Joel for making this possible and to all of those who came to support this cause with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment