Sunday, May 20, 2012

Costco's Children's Miracle Network Fundraiser

Costco is a sponsor of the Miss New York Pageant, which will be held in one month at the Saint George Theater. To show their support of our organization, they invited us in for a real celebration!

On May 12th, I was joined by some of my fellow Miss New York contestants to raise money for the Miss America national platform, Children's Miracle Network. It was an honor to have 11 of the 26 girls from the Miss New York Class of 2012, as well as 2 of the teens, in my borough. Costco was never a more exciting place to be!

We had so much fun raising money for this wonderful cause together. There was a DJ, free cake, and candy! We asked visitors to donate to help the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and a photographer captured every moment.

I stood with the "money bucket" for a while and a man even threw in a $50 bill! In total, we raised $930 for the Children's Miracle Network!

I saw some familiar faces and old friends, which made the day even more special. I even had kids running up to me telling me that I visited their schooll!

Hearing people say, "That's Miss Staten Island!" was so funny to me. I guess I still don't believe that I have anything near a celebrity status, but that's what it feels like! It was even funnier to hear some younger kids telling me "Happy Birthday" because of my crown : ]

It was a long day, but it was totally worthwhile. I wish I could share all of the pictures from this day on my blog, but there were over 100! Want to see them? Click here. Thank you to Costco for having us and for their continued support! And thank you, as well, to those from the Miss New York Organization who helped put together this event.

1 comment: