Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Matthew Nierenberg Memorial Foundation

On May 10th I headed to Roller Jam for a special fundraiser. The Matthew Nierenberg Memorial Foundation is a non profit organization that was created to honor a young man from our community who suddenly passed in 2008. "Our primary mission is to provide an annual scholarship to a deserving youth." The Matthew Nierenberg “Heart of Gold” Scholarship is awarded to a high school senior each year to continue his/her education. The scholarship is awarded to the student that exemplifies Matt’s persona best - a warm-hearted, caring person.

                                                                                             Matthew's mother and I


The event on May 10th was a carnival, created to raise money for this scholarship. I was happy to be a part of this and when I arrived, it was more than I could've ever imagined! Roller Jam, which is typically a roller-skating rink for teenagers and families, was transformed. There were stands with carnival games, food of all kinds, and raffle baskets totaling over $18,000 in prizes!

There were so many people, too. The support was unbelievable! I was even joined by Joe Causi, who spent time at the event and judged the pizza pie eating contest.

An added plus to the night, I won a Christian Louboutin clutch! Needless to say, I was SUPER excited.

Check out the foundation's website. I am so impressed with everything this family has done to honor the memory of their loved one. Next time I do a fundraiser, I'm going to be asking them for advice! Congratulations on another successful event, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment