Saturday, July 14, 2012

March Of Dimes 5k Race


On Saturday, June 30th, I joined my “teen queens,” Alexa Moley (Miss Richmond County’s Outstanding Teen) & Hannah Perri (Miss Staten Island’s Outstanding Teen) at the March Of Dimes 5k Race. It was a relaxing day spent supporting one of the closest foundations to the Miss Staten Island Organization, March Of Dimes.
In addition to the main event (the 5k race), there were craft tables, a race for kids, and a high heel race! My fellow queens and I decided to participate in the high heel race. I was under the impression that we were just going to jog in our heels, but the girls had another plan. When they shouted “Go” to start the race, Alexa and Hannah took off in their borrowed heels, leaving me behind in my 6-inch wedges. Well, at least I tried! Congratulations, Alexa, on winning the first ever March Of Dimes High Heel Race trophy! : ]
After our race, the real race began. Off they went, leaving the rest of us behind to browse the craft tables! These were local vendors selling their products. I enjoyed many of the displays and even came home with a few purchases:
Fabulous earrings from Little Angels
(917) 922-7930
Delicious jams from Heidi's Homemade
HeidisHomemade@yahoo.com / (718) 285-4732 or (347) 816-4713
& a cute little decorated box! ( I wish I knew the name of the crafters or had a picture!)

I even saw some familiar faces there! Current Staten Island Technical High School students, the Wagner College Seahawk, and even Sleeping Beauty!
The day was a great success! The March Of Dimes does wonderful things for premature babies and their families and I look forward to working with them more in the future. Thank you for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment