Thursday, January 10, 2013

Precious Preemie Fashion Show

On Sunday, January 6th, I attended the March Of Dimes' Precious Preemie Fashion Show for the second time. The first time I attended this event was the day after I was crowned Miss Staten Island. What a crazy feeling to be at the same fundraiser a year later knowing how far I've come!
Along with Miss Richmond County 2012, Stephanie Accardo, I entered The Vanderbilt. We were taken behind a curtain where all of the models were getting ready. Most of the families recognized us from the previous year, as well as from other events. It was great to be able to see them again. The kids have grown up so much!
After taking some pictures, we entered the ballroom and the program began. First, we were called onto the runway. Last year, we were asked how we felt about just being crowned. This year, we were asked to tell the guests about our year. I spoke about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and how I've raised nearly $20,000 for them this year. It's been a wonderful year and I can't believe how much I've accomplished.
The models then had their turn on the runway. The theme was Candyland and some of them got really creative with it! It was inspiring to them strut down the runway as the announcer told their story of survival. From a few days in the NICU, to over 100 days, they all had a unique journey and it was beautiful to see.
I'm honored to have had this event be my first and one of my very last appearances as Miss Staten Island 2012. I'm so happy to have been a part of the Precious Preemie Fashion Show's 10th anniversary and to have been helping the March Of Dimes, a very special organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment