Sunday, February 5, 2012

Seton Foundation Fashion Show

Hello, everyone! Things have been so hectic around here, but I'm glad to report that I have been continuing on with my appearances and fundraising.

On Wednesday, February 1st, I was invited to attend the Seton Foundation for Learning's Fashion Show fundraiser. A good friend, Mike Pinto, was the master of ceremonies, and I am delighted to have been asked to be a part of this event, as well. The Seton Foundation was founded in 1985 and it is Staten Island's only Catholic school for developmentally disabled children and young adults. With two schools, both an elementary and high school, the foundation educates kids from 3 to 21 years old.



After I briefly spoke to the crowd, I had the privilege of meeting the Executive Director of the Seton Foundation, Diane Cunningham. She then invited me to attend their luncheon on March 24th! I also was introduced to Stacey, a mother of a young girl who is a part of the Seton Foundation. The way she described how the foundation helped her and daughter, I knew that this was something special. I hope that I can visit, one day, to see the "magic" that everyone speaks of.


As a New Yorker I love clothes (especially shoes), so the fashion show was exciting! Clothes were shown from "Just B," a local Staten Island company, and they were all beautiful! It was even greater for me because I knew two of the models: Alex Simone, a student at my dance studio (Gigante Dance Center), and Alyssa DePaolis, a past contest in the Miss Staten Island Scholarship Pageant (& strong advocate for awareness of speech disorders). These two young women are amazing role models and I love to see them, as well as all of the other models and participants, involved in this wonderful cause!



Thank you so much, Seton Foundation, for having me at your event and allowing me to speak to all of you! I look forward to meeting again on March 24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment