Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Training Week #1

Miss New York is in 18 weeks! You know what that means...workout time!! I am so excited to announce that I have found a personal trainer who has agreed to sponsor me and help me train!

Thank you so much, Jacki-Lyn Ricci!

Jacki & I began last Friday, and from the first day I knew that this process was going to bring great results. I've decided to post periodic updates on my blog of those of you who want to keep track of my progress! I hope that through this, some of you will begin to work with Jacki, as well. She can get you where you want to be!

So far, I have had two meetings with her, and will have another on Friday. Before the first day I was a little nervous, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! Jacki trains her clients right in her house, which allows for a more relaxed, and less "scary" experience. For those of you who worry about the "judgement" that may come from a more public setting - there's no need to worry about that here!

As a dancer, many things we train our bodies to do are opposite of what needs to be done during a workout. It's funny to try and stick my behind out, not arch my back too much, etc., but they are feelings I am getting more used to. Also from years of dancing, I have never paid much attention to working my arm muscles (mainly I work on my legs), but with Jacki's workouts, my arms are going to be strong and lean. I can't wait to see my transformation!

After yesterday's workout, my abs are feeling slightly sore. They are not overworked, though. It's just the right amount of soreness to let me know I did the right thing. I already feel a difference in myself! It's true when they say that working out gives you energy - I'm energized every time I leave!

I look forward to keeping everyone up-to-date with my workouts. I'm sure that this experience is going to be amazing and I thank you again, Jacki, so much for agreeing to sponsor me and for believing in me!

Jacki-Lyn
(646) 250-4557 or (718) 667-3722

No comments:

Post a Comment