Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Typical Saturday...

This past Saturday, I began the day expecting to run a lot of errands, but unaware of exactly how many things I would accomplish! Of everything that happened during the day, my favorite part was attending the SMB Studio Arts Inc. Student Art Show!

I attended the art show by invitation of my dear friend, Kelly Lam, to support her daughter, Katie Lam! Katie is a student at SMB Studio Arts Inc. and has been working on comic art. Initially, I had planned to attend the show, relax, and take my mind off of the all the work I've been putting into my upcoming Make-A-Wish Foundation benefit! As you will see in the pictures, I did not even attend as Miss Staten Island! However, opportunity found me - as it usually does when I am around Kelly : ]

 

I met Steve Bunnicelli, the owner of SMB Studio. After speaking with him, and seeing all of the amazing work that his students completed, I had a wonderful idea. I told him that I would love if his students could create a banner for my benefit! Because they are all so incredibly talented, I know that by working together, they will create a beautiful "We Dance For Dreams" banner to be displayed at the March 10th dance showcase at Snug Harbor! He agreed, and we will be working on additional projects in the future. I look forward to seeing what his students will create!

For tickets to the event, click here!

I had a great time at the art show, and I am very excited about all of the creative and community-oriented people I met. I may even have a hair & make-up sponsor for future appearances! Stay tuned for more information! It's going to be an amazing road to Miss New York!!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, thanks so much for the awesome comment towards my studio, SMB Studio Arts Inc. & also your great opinion on my students works! I am looking forward working with you in making the banner for your benefit!
    Wishing you a fulfilled adventure on your road to Miss New York!!!
    Thank you for being a friend,
    Steve Bunnicelli

    ReplyDelete