Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Precious Preemie Fashion Show

On Sunday, the day after I was crowned Miss Staten Island 2012, I made my first appearance! What a whirlwind! I was definitely excited to jump right into my duties and meet some amazing people along the way. I had no idea what I was in store for, but I was ready!

What I experienced was more than I could have imagined. The Ninth Annual Precious Preemie Fashion Show was hosted by the March of Dimes and held at The Vanderbilt at South Beach. With World Prematurity Day coming up on Thursday, this helped to raise awareness and funds for the March of Dimes organization.

Along side Miss Richmond County 2012, Stephanie Accardo, I was called on to walk the runway and answer a few questions about my pageant experience. Because Stephanie and I are not (by any means) singers, I was asked to lead the audience in the Pledge. It is so silly, but I just felt so privileged to be a part of this special day.

Besides taking many, many pictures - which I enjoyed very much - I had the opportunity to speak with the parents about their "little miracles." I was truly inspired by the courage of the all the families, and the children themselves.

As they strutted their stuff down the runway - many even dancing and waving to the audience - their stories were told to the crowd. It was amazing to hear how some of them were born at only 1 pound and spent over 100 days in the NICU! It was honor to spend the day with these heros...







I look forward to my next appearance! This is going to be such a wonderful and inspiring year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment