Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Breakfast With Santa

On December 9th, bright and early in the morning, I joined Santa for a breakfast at Applebee's. Just as last year, the event benefited the Staten Island Children's Campaign. The Staten Island Children's Campaign's mission is to raise funds to support a variety of educational, counseling, health, recreational, and other essential services for local children on the island. It benefits 17 organizations that provide a wide array of programs for Staten Island youth.
Tickets, which were $10 each, had to be purchased in advance so that seating arrangements could be made. The doors opened and families were seated at 8:30 AM without any problems. It was great to see all of the children dressed in either their pajamas or their best Christmas outfits. Armed with my morning coffee, I began my morning, as well : ]
It was a low-key and stress free morning for me. I went to each of the table to say hi to kids and speak with the families. We took pictures and I signed autograph cards for them. One table had all little girls and they were very excited to ask me questions. I could tell that they were all eagerly awaiting a visit from Santa, though!
I saw some people that I had met at last year's "Breakfast With Santa," and other friends, as well. There are people who attend this event every year to donate money to the Staten Island Children's Campaign. It is wonderful!
I had a great morning with Santa, the generous staff members who donate their time every year, and the families. Thanks for having me for a second time and I hope you were able to raise a lot of money for the campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment