Sunday, September 16, 2012

Richmond County Fair

The Richmond County Fair is a big event that takes place each year right before the start of school during Labor Day Weekend. Though I've attended many times before, this year was a bit different. On September 2nd, I made my appearance for the first time at the fair as Miss Staten Island.
From the moment I stepped onto the fair grounds, I was being stopped for photographs! I knew right away that this was going to be a great event. Equipped with my new autograph cards, I made my way to the information stand, my post for the first part of my visit.
I gave out my pictures, signed them, and spoke with the families and little kids who came by. One little boy was very brave and came over to me three times! Usually the boys are so afraid of a girl with a crown, but I was impressed by his courage : ]
I even got to take my picture in the SI Advance Truck and play with a snake!
After my stay at the information stand was done, I was free to leisurely roam around with my family. With so many stands to visit, I didn't know where to start! Luckily, the rain held up long enough to have a full, wonderful day. We were able to see all of vendors and some had familiar faces! Remember when I told you about Heidi's Homemade? Well we found Heidi and her delicious jams, again! I also bought a beautiful bracelet from LesJOLIE and Essie nail polishes (because what girl has enough nail polishes?).
By coincidence, Felicia - one of the amazing women who help run the Miss SI Pageant - and her granddaughters were there. It was great to see them! I got a few more appearances out of the day, too - because you can't ever have too much to do, right? : ] It was great to speak with the editor of Bella Magazine who also runs her own charity organization. I'm looking forward to our future collaborations.
In the late afternoon, I was asked to help judge the hotdog eating contest. If I hadn't just eaten lunch, I think I may have even joined in it myself. These contests were in it to win it, though! Congratulations to the winners. You are champion hotdog eaters!
On Staten Island, it's hard to not see someone you know, but that's why I love it! And even with that being true, you can always meet new people, too : ] I had a great day greeting old and new friends and enjoying the time with my family. 

With all of the pictures I took, I could only fit so many on this post, but see the rest here. Thank you so much to Ezequiel Ramos for including me in this year's Richmond County Fair! I had an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment