Sunday, September 9, 2012

On Your Toes

Labor day weekend brought with it a glimpse of what these next few months are going to be like for me... completely crazy! I enjoyed every second, though, and I know that I will continue to look forward to weekends like it. After all, you're only Miss Staten Island 2012 once! : ]
My labor day weekend began with an appearance at On Your Toes Dancewear in Staten Island. On Your Toes has been my store choice for dance clothing, shoes, and accessories for years! Last weekend, they moved from a tiny store on Hylan Boulevard to a beautiful new space on Lincoln Avenue. I was so excited to have been invited by Lauren & Jayne to participate in the Grand Reopening Weekend because of how much of their journey I've witnessed.
On Friday, I got my first glimpse of the new store and it is absolutely gorgeous! After getting the grand tour from Jayne, I was shown my post for the day - a little table right at the entrance, perfect for greeting guests and collecting donations for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Coincidently, a good friend, Anthony Muscat, who runs 360 Entertainment was the DJ for the day! We were also joined by Scooter from the SI Yankees. I spent the day signing autographs (on my pretty new autograph cards!), playing with the little kids (& Scooter), selling "wish bands," and doing a little bit of shopping for myself. I even got visits from some familiar faces, including our very own Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen 2012, Alexa Moley!
We all had so much fun and OYT even decided to donate part of the proceeds to the Make-A-Wish Foundation! How perfect!? I also received a special invitation from AmeriKick which is currently in the works. Don't worry - you'll hear more about it soon! It's amazing how much good you can do when there's a crown on your head and love in your heart.

Thank you so much to Lauren and Jayne for all of the hard work you put in for dance studios across the island and for everything you do to help me! It was an honor to have been invited to take part in your very special weekend. You deserve all the success in the world. Congratulations and good luck in your new space!
P.S. Congratulations to Lauren who got engaged that same weekend! : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment