Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Interview with "Just Be Me!"

I first met Belinda Mendez-Azzollini when I participated in her "Show Everyone Love" Campaign Fundraiser. From that day, it has been wonderful to continue supporting her organization, "Just Be Me!" and help her develop new ways for it to grow.
"Just Be Me!" is an organization that works to foster leadership in today's youth. Their motto is, "Empowering young people to become active, so they can make a difference." The organization also focuses on current issues facing kids. For example, the "Show Everyone Love" Campaign worked to prevent bullying.
On Friday, Belinda asked me to join some the student volunteers for an interview by Senator Savino's office. On the steps of one of the courthouses, they asked me about bullying, cyber-bullying, and advice I would give to children. Because I was bullied as a teenager, I was able to speak openly about my opinions and experiences.
Thank you, Belinda, for always including me in your projects. It was a great interview and I look forward to working more with you in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment