Monday, June 25, 2012

PS 55 "Wish For Change" Winner!

I visited PS 55 on May 29th & 30th to kickoff the "Wish For Change" fundraiser. The kids seemed very excited and eager to begin raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I told them that PS 39 raised around $1,200 and PS 50 raised about $1,900. I challenged them not only to be the winning class in their school, but to be the top fundraising school!
When I went back to the school to collect the buckets, I could already tell that these classes worked hard to raise as much money as they could. One class even dropped off two filled buckets!
As I guessed, this was the winning class. With a total of nearly $420, Ms. Pascale's 3rd grade class won the pizza party with me! After counting all of the money, I also saw that PS 55 accepted my challenge and succeeded! The school raised a total of:
$2,625.11!

I had no idea that it was possible for an elementary school to help me raise so much money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York. I am so incredibly proud of PS 55, as well as PS 39 & PS 50!

On Friday, June 22nd, I went into Ms. Pascale's class to enjoy a pizza party with the students (as I had promised). They were as proud of themselves as I was! "Did we really raise the most money?" they asked. I don't think they believed they could really achieve something like this, but I'm glad that I showed them they can do whatever they put their mind to.
Thank you PS 55 for all of your fundraising efforts and to Ms. Pascale's class for not only raising the most money in PS 55, but the most of any class in any school. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment