Monday, June 25, 2012

PS 50 "Wish For Change" Winner!

A while back, I announced that PS 50's "Wish For Change" winner was class Ms. Maddaloni's 2nd grade class who raised $226.18. In total, their school raised $1,941.52 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York. I am so proud of them!
Last Wednesday, June 20th, I rewarded this class with a pizza party for all of their hard work! I spoke with the kids and they told me how they raised the money. From doing chores at home, to selling baked goods, every student worked to earn the money they donated. This is exactly what I wanted to see! In addition, Ms. Maddaloni told me that she matched their donations. It's so great to see the teachers getting involved and feeling the philanthropic spirit : ]
In addition to our pizza party, it was one student's birthday! Cupcakes made a wonderful finale to our celebration. I even got to enjoy a performance from one little girl who was a champion ballroom dancer - how cool!
The love these students have for each other, their teacher, and volunteering is inspiring. It reminded me why I chose this platform and why I love to work with children. They always see the good in people and they truly understand what it means to help others.
Congratulations to Ms. Maddaloni's class! Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment