Friday, June 22, 2012

CMN Volleyball Game

With Miss New York, it's been a crazy fews weeks! Before I get to that though, let's go back to June 4th. With the help of the Staten Island Technical High School PTA, I hosted a Charity Volleyball Game at the school.
Students & faculty were invited to create their own teams and compete against each other for the coveted 1st prize trophies. As more and more people came through the door, I began to worry that we didn't have enough team slots to fit everyone! We had the perfect amount, though, and even a few spectators who came to cheer on their friends.
Because S.I. Tech is my alma-mater, it was nice to come back to such overwhelming support. The teachers wished me luck on my journey to Miss New York and the students listened eagerly as I explained the Children's Miracle Network. The best quote I heard that night: "Your crown defies the laws of physics!" Oh, the things you'll only hear in Tech...
The games were fierce and everyone was very competitive. After many rounds of elimination, we finally had a winning team. Congratulations, boys!
After the event, we were able to make a donation of $800 to the Children's Miracle Network! This is more than the volleyball game has ever raised in all of its years of existence! I am also proud to say that, during my year as Miss Staten Island, I've been able to raise a total of $1,400 for this organization. I know that all of these donations will be put to good use and I'm so happy to have been a part of it. Thank you to the Staten Island Technical High School PTA, the students, and staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment