Monday, June 25, 2012

CMN: Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center of NY

On June 8th I visited my first Children's Miracle Network Hospital! After raising $1,400 (in this year alone) for CMN, it was a wonderful experience to see what all of this money was supporting.

I was joined by a few other members of the Miss New York Class of 2012. We entered Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York and were greeted by the staff. They showed us where we would be meeting some of the children, in our own little section of the lobby.
When the kids came down to meet us, they seemed a bit nervous at first. Once we got them speaking, though, and asking us questions, they really opened up. It was great to be able to speak with each one of them individually. Whether they were toddlers or teenagers, they all had their own ways of connecting with us and I think that they really enjoyed our visit as much as we did.
We weren't allowed to take pictures with our own cameras with the children. One of the nurses, though, took pictures and when those get emailed to us, I will post them! It was an amazing experience and I hope that in the future I get to visit more of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals!

No comments:

Post a Comment