Thursday, March 29, 2012

SITHS: Health & Fitness Week

I was delighted when I was asked to return to my alma mater, Staten Island Technical High School, for a third visit. This time, it was for their annual "Health and Fitness Week."

This week was designed to show the importance of living a healthy lifestyle on a daily basis and was actually created when I attended the school! Lasting for an entire week, the students learn about a new aspect of fitness each day. The topics range from dance to karate and everything in between. The week concludes with an assembly, which recaps the events with a little bit of added humor. This is the part I was invited to participate in.


The presentation was very entertaining, just as I had remembered it to be. I joined the student leaders - who had worked so hard all week to run the activities - onstage to say the pledge, hand out awards, and even participate in a hula-hoop competition. I didn't do too well in the first assembly, but after some practice I came back to take the hula-hooping champion title in the second assembly!



Thank you all for including me in this event. It was great to be back at S.I.T.H.S., once again, and I know I will be back for more fun before November!

No comments:

Post a Comment