Monday, March 12, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day Parade!

Now that my hectic schedule has calmed down a little, it's time to catch up on some blogs! Last Sunday, March 4th, was the Saint Patrick's Day Parade on Staten Island. It is an annual tradition to have the titleholders from the Island attend and it was an honor to do so.

                                      The pin says, "Irish...sorta" : ]

I am a bit embarrassed to say that even though I've lived on Staten Island my entire life, I have never attended this parade. I had no idea what to expect...but I was excited! Even though I am 100% Italian, everyone is Irish on Saint Patty's Day!

We started the morning taking pictures and lining up in our cars. I saw the Corvette I would be riding in and fell in love. I wanted to take it home with me after the parade! My driver, Len Bosso, wouldn't have liked that very much, though. He kindly volunteered his car for the parade and I was very nervous to even touch it - I didn't want to ruin anything! I guess I did an okay job taking care of his car, though, since he offered to be my driver for the rest of this year's parades!



As we rode down Forest Avenue, I was surprised by the amount of people who were screaming my name! It was amazing to see how many people, from kids to adults, are proud to see who is representing their borough. The car was beautiful, my driver was so nice, and this was an experience I'll never forget. I was on an adrenaline rush the whole day!

                                                                                                                                                Peanut, State Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis' dog!

We concluded the day with an interview. Elise Rooker, a former Miss Staten Island, spoke to us about the experience and what we had planned for the rest of the year. I then moved on to a radio interview with WSIA - the College of Staten Island's radio station.


I felt special all day and seeing my picture on the home page of SIlive.com made it even better - as if that was possible. I look forward to our future parades!

No comments:

Post a Comment