Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PS 39: "Wish For Change" Winners!

As I previously posted about, PS 39 began my first "Kids For Wish Kids" program entitled "Wish For Change." Each class had their own bucket and collected coins for three weeks. At the conclusion of the fundraiser, I collected all 23 of the buckets and took them to the bank to be counted.

I am proud to announce that the school raised a total of $1,165 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Western New York! Our winning classes were:

3rd place: Class 4-308, Mrs. Savio

2nd place: Class K-114, Mrs. Kane

1st place: Class 4-310, Mrs. Levine

All of the classes did an amazing job and it was definitely a close race. The top three places were within $20 of each other! Great work, guys!

I spent last Friday eating lunch with the winning class and brought the 2nd and 3rd place classes a little surprise - brownies! It was a lot of fun. It was "Jersey Day,"so I wore a Giants' jersey to get in the spirit. Class 4-310 had some good questions for me and were very interested in everything I had to tell them. A few of the girls told me that they "Googled" me. They then printed out my picture and gave it to me to sign.



It was a nice way to relax - especially with my enormous "We Dance For Dreams" benefit the next day! Thank you to all of PS 39, the top three classes and their teachers! I am so proud of you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment