Friday, January 20, 2012

South Shore Rotary Guest Speaker

The day after Tech's Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, I attended a South Shore Rotary Luncheon as the guest speaker! While it was short visit, I certainly had the chance to not only meet many people, but explain to them why exactly I am so passionate about my platform, "The Make-A-Wish Foundation: Kids for Wish Kids."

One member of the South Shore Rotary was Terry Tarangelo, who is on the board of directors for the Miss New York Pageant! It was a pleasure to meet her, and she is helping me greatly with promoting my "We Dance For Dreams" benefit (March 10th)!


I asked the club and all of its members if they would be interested in sponsoring my benefit. To my surprise, I was presented with a $250 check which will ultimately help me to ensure that 100% of the proceeds from this event will go directly the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York & Western New York!


Thank you so much to the President, Debbie Ferrara, and all of the members of the South Shore Rotary. It was an honor to speak at your luncheon and I look forward to coming back!

Ms. Ferrara - First female president of the South Shore Rotary!

No comments:

Post a Comment