Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Staten Island Tech Interview

Now for what will be the last post of 2011!! Last Thursday I visited my alma-mater, Staten Island Technical High School. I was so nice to see that they haven't forgotten me ;] I guess it would be kind of difficult since my brother is a junior there and my mother is the PTA President...

I was invited by Mr. Mazza, a faculty member at the high school, to be interviewed in their brand new recording studio! I was joined by Shelley Jain, Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2010.


Just to further prove how far the Miss Staten Island Organization has taken me, I was not nervous for the interview at all! I knew that the entire show would be taped and aired on a special TV channel, and yet I was not bothered one bit. If I had to do this three years ago, before I became a part of the organization, I would have been completely lost!

My mom and dad came to watch, and the interview began. Mr. Mazza asked me and Shelley about our "transformations" since becoming involved and advice we would give to aspiring young pageant queens. He then asked me what I have personally done, so far, with my title, and gave me the chance to speak a little about my platform, The Make-A-Wish Foundation: Encouraging Others to Share the Power of a Wish. One question, in particular, that sticks with me is, "What would you tell young women who want to get involved in something like this, but don't think they can?" Shelley and I completely agreed on the answer. There is no girl that this pageant is not right for. No matter what you want to do in life - anything is possible if you put your mind to it! This is something that I learned this year : ]


The interview was enjoyable and very laid-back. I was comfortable, and cannot wait to do it again! Mr. Mazza and I are working on a way to publicize the Make-A-Wish Foundation through this network. I think it will be extremely successful. Thank you for having me, S.I.T.H.S.! I look forward to the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Television Production Studio on January 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment