Saturday, December 3, 2011

S.I.U.H. Tree Lighting

It is a weekend of appearances! With Christmas approaching, I have many holiday-related events to attend & I couldn't be more excited! To kick off December, I began with the tree lighting at Staten Island University Hospital.

The day didn't begin quite as I had planned. I'm usually an early person, because I really don't like the stress of being late and having to rush. My car, however, clearly did not care that I had to be somewhere. The battery was completely dead! I frantically called Wagner College's public safety to jump-start my car, and then, of course, my mother. To make a long story short, my mom was able to get me to Staten Island University Hospital just in time - not that I wasn't panicking along the way.

The tree lighting was wonderful. Because my dad is a licensed electrician at the hospital, everyone was very excited to meet me. It was nice to be able to meet everyone he works with every day. Dr. Strange, a physician at the hospital, played the guitar, while Al Lambert sang Christmas songs. After the Christmas Tree was lit, a Brownie Troop (Girl Scouts) from P.S. 32 sang a few more songs to entertain employees and patients.









My favorite part of the event was being able to talk to the brownie troop. They were so excited to be a part of this day and I was so glad I had the chance to meet them! They were so cute! I remember when I was a Brownie in P.S. 8. I hope that these young girls take advantage of all the opportunities life gives them, and to see them already becoming involved with such positive things at a young age shows what wonderful little girls they all are.

I look forward to posting about my Breakfast with Santa event! It took place this morning and there will be a second day, tomorrow! This is going to be a busy month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment