Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Macy's Million Reasons to Believe - COMPLETE!

I have decided to postpone my blog post about my interview at Staten Island Technical High School until I have the pictures! So for now I will skip to my Friday appearance, which was so exciting!!

On Friday, I was finally able to deliver all of the letters collected for the Macy's Million Reasons to Believe Campaign! I made my way into the Staten Island Mall (crown, sash, & all) with a huge box and bag full of "Dear Santa" letters - just in time for Christmas!!


After all of the appearances (and tireless hours) the grand total is....

1,431 letters!

This equals a total of $1,431 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. In the entire country, over 1 million letters were delivered. This year, Macy's donated a total of $1,400,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I couldn't be more proud of all those who were involved! The average cost of a wish is $7,500. It is because of the kindness and generosity of others that over 180 wishes can now be granted!


I would like to thank all of the parents, faculty, and students who made this a reality. While it is impossible to personally thank every person who has helped me in this venture, there are a few who I could not have achieved this without:

Jennifer Casey, an Assistant Resident Director at Wagner College
Kelly Lam, who brought me into Our Lady Queen of Peace School
Ms. Signorile, the principal of Our Lady Queen of Peace
Lisa Esposito, the principal of P.S.8
Aunt Paula, who brought me into St. Charles
Terry Guthrie, the Parent Coordinator of P.S.48
Darline Woodhouse, a member of the PTA at P.S.29
All of the assistant principals at Staten Island Technical High School
Ms. Fusaro, the COSA at Staten Island Technical High School


Of course I also have to thank some other very special people:

My mother, father and boyfriend, Nick,
who helped me organize and count all of the letters & deliver them to Macy's
(In addition to EVERYTHING else they do for me)

It is amazing to see a community coming together for a cause that is so dear to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment